Non-domestic rates are rates applied to any building that isn’t a domestic dwelling. With the introduction of rates retention, the income collected and retained by you as a local authority will increase, as less will be passed back to central government. This means that extra care and consideration will need to be taken to ensure you are collecting as much as possible to secure revenue.
Specialist business rates team
At Excel Civil Enforcement, we have a special team trained in all aspects of non-domestic rates, we keep up to date with all the latest rulings and so can effectively and efficiently carry out the following pre-enforcement tasks on your behalf:
- Investigating company websites
- Scheduling simultaneous visits to more than one business premises where appropriate
- Monitor and check social media accounts for aliases
- Tracking and tracing by utilising several resources including DVLA, credit referencing agencies and social media
- Address and prioritise urgent case referrals, particularly when there is a threat of the debtor absconding or, alternatively, initiating insolvency proceedings
- Director searches, monitoring alerts and changes in company and director status to detect early signs of insolvency and liquidation proceedings
Once a liability order has been issued, we are able to take enforcement action. All our enforcement agents are fully employed, this gives you the peace of mind as we will be able to update you with real-time information on your cases.
We have award-winning in-house training to ensure our agents are fully up to date with all current legislation, the training we offer is available to local authorities and you can find out more about this in our training section.
All our enforcement agents are trained to recognise and appropriately signpost vulnerable debtors, we will always inform you if we suspect a vulnerable debtor.